If you, or someone you know, is a victim of workplace discrimination, retaliation or harassment, it is essential to find the right team of employment lawyers to represent you. Our experienced labor lawyers in Orlando, Florida have represented thousands of employees and continue to fight aggressively against workplace violations and unfair labor practices.
Although Florida is an “at-will” employment state, your employer does not have the right to fire you for reasons such as:
- Filing a Workers’ Compensation claim
- Discrimination, such as age, race, sex, and gender
- Blowing the whistle on illegal or unethical activities
- Filing for FMLA leave
- Wage disputes and unpaid overtime
If you were fired from your job through no fault of your own, a wrongful termination lawyer in Orlando can determine if your firing was illegal and what steps are needed to prove your case.
In the State of Florida, every retaliation or discrimination claim based on race, sex, age, religion, or national origin, begins with filing a complaint with the EEOC. It is a process that can be done without the representation of a lawyer. However, it is important to know the benefits of having an experienced labor lawyer representing your case.
Benefits of Hiring a Labor Lawyer to Represent Your EEOC Case
- The EEOC represents both the employee and the employer. An employment lawyer is an employee advocate.
- The EEOC can provide inaccuracies in their charges which could cause credibility issues. An employment lawyer can find the errors for you and make sure your credibility is protected.
- An employment attorney can draft the charge and control the message – ensuring accuracy.
- An employment attorney can amend a charge if inaccuracies are found.
Also, without the right legal representation, the process can be long and drawn out. Hiring an experienced EEOC lawyer in Orlando can assist in speeding up the meditation process and maximizing your recovery.
- Unpaid Wages and Overtime
- FMLA Violations
- Wrongful Termination
- Hostile Work Environment
- Workplace Retaliation
- Employment Contracts
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Violations
- Florida Unemployment Compensation Violations
- Florida COBRA Insurance Violations
- EEOC Mediation
- Government Investigations
To learn more about the services we provide, visit our full list of Practice Areas.
Need help building your case? Contact our law firm today. Just fill out our confidential consultation form, and we will contact you to schedule your appointment. There is no obligation.
Orlando, FL Office
By Appointment Only
Wenzel Fenton Cabassa, P.A.
5401 South Kirkman Rd.
Orlando, FL 32819